How to Stop a Check

If you are in need of stopping the payment on an outstanding check, Home Federal Bank makes the process easy.

You can submit a stop-payment request in one of three ways:

  1. Online Stop Payment Request - You can now submit a check stop-payment request online. Simply complete the Stop Payment Request Form to submit your request.
  2. Phone Request - Contact one of our customer service representatives at 308-382-4000.
  3. Stop In - While you’re in one of our convenient locations, simply stop and visit with one of our customer service representatives or a Retail Banker.

A stop-payment order must be given in the manner required by law and must be received in time to give us a reasonable opportunity to act on it. Additional limitations on our obligation to stop-payment are provided by law. A stop-payment order must precisely identify the number, date and amount of the item, and the payee. We will honor a stop-payment request by the person who signed the particular item, and, by any other person, even though such other person did not sign the item, if such other person has an equal or greater right to withdraw from this account than the person who signed the item in question. A release of the stop-payment request may be made only by the person who initiated the stop-payment. The fee for this service is $25 (see Disclosures for further details).

Tomorrow, Together

Banking for Today.

Meeting your needs today with the technology of tomorrow.

Southwest Office